Slides, Notes, Videos, etc.
The latest version is 1.1.
This was given at: AlterConf Portland 2016 and Self.Conference 2017.
Secrets can be scary if they get out. That’s the very feeling I had when I wrote a Medium post revealing my biggest secret, which was read by thousands. In this talk, I will share the story of how and why I came to share this secret with the world. I’ll also talk about how sharing this ultimately made me a better teammate, developer, and person, and how it had the complete opposite reaction than I expected. Through these experiences, I’ll share my insights on why being more open benefits you and your team.
Blog Post: The blog post that ended up inspiring this whole talk was Life, Gender, and the Pursuit of Happiness, which I published on September 29, 2015.
- Slides 1, 2, 43, 44, 45: “Čo je to escape room?” by Dve Izby, http://www.dveizby.sk/co-je-to-escape-room/
- Slide 5: by my parents
- Slide 6: by JanF-blog, http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/JanF-blog/media/PWB%20Peeps%20Holidays/autumn_cat_hidden_zps8455d39c.jpg.html
- Slide 7: Dachshund by https://www.buzzfeed.com/snuggalo1/15-dachshunds-dressed-as-hot-dogs-9yb8 via http://www.hotdogblog.com/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/Dachshund%20Octoberfest%202004/dachshund_normal_Dachshund%20Octoberfest-2004-10-09-063.jpg
- Slide 7: Cat by Laura Gizinski, https://www.flickr.com/photos/shadow_cat/2985874480/Slide 8: by zizzy0104, http://www.freeimages.com/photo/typing-1242387
- Slide 8: Typing by zizzy0104, http://www.freeimages.com/photo/typing-1242387
- Slide 9: Life, Gender, and the Pursuit of Happiness, https://medium.com/@geekygirlsarah/life-gender-and-the-pursuit-of-happiness-e0e57970ceae
- Slide 13: Doorway by pipp, http://www.freeimages.com/photo/ruin-open-door-1056998
- Slide 14, 15: Internet troll from http://bolobhi.org/top-seven-ways-to-deal-with-trolls-that-are-better-than-blocking-the-internet/
- Slide 14, 15: Hell freezes over, http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2011/03/16/apple-hell-freezes-over-analyst-cuts-rating-fears-slowdown/ (among many other sites)
- Slide 14, 15: Flying Pigs by K-Bladin, http://sketchoholic.com/K-Bladin/images/3046/flying-pigs
- Slide 24: via mayalunacristobel.com, http://www.mayalunachristobel.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/dark-alley.png
- Slide 25: “The Forest” by James Dittiger/Gramercy Pictures, via About Horror, http://horror.about.com/od/releaseschedules/ss/2016-Horror-and-Suspense-Movie-Preview.htm
- Slide 27, 28: “The Power of Vulnerability” by Brené Brown, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvmsMzlF7o
- Slide 29, 30: “Joy of Painting: Teton Winter” (Season 24, Episode 3) by Bob Ross, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4h6TC4CPJY
- Slide 31: Pillar Perfect by Julie Elliott-Abshire, http://www.freeimages.com/photo/pillar-perfect-1495347
- Slide 32: “Road rage is getting worse — and more dangerous” by Driving.ca. http://driving.ca/auto-news/news/why-is-road-rage-anger-getting-worse-experts-say
- Slide 33: Global Team by BSK, http://www.freeimages.com/photo/global-team-1238048
- Slide 34, 35: “Six Ways to Stop a Friend From Fat Talking” by YouBeauty, http://www.youbeauty.com/fitness/six-ways-to-stop-a-friend-from-fat-talking/
- Slide 36: Sorry, you’re not getting the link to this video