Everything you’ve wanted to know about Sarah and what’s happening right now!
Quick link: sarahwithee.com/now
(This list current as of July 28, 2017.)
- Living in Kansas City, MO and working as a software engineer at the Stowers Institute for Medical Research
- Working on The Rest of Us in Tech, a project to amplify the stories and voices of the underrepresented groups in tech. Currently it’s a podcast but will be expanding to other phases soon.
- Co-created the #SpeakerConfessions viral hashtag with Nate Taylor to help show that what public speakers go through to pull off what usually appears to be a clearly organized talk
- Learning Azure by creating a variety of small projects and deploying them to build up her skillset
- Volunteering with Code for KC (a Code for America brigade) on KC Speed Test
- Starting work on Code Thesaurus, a way to compare languages and see similarities
- I will be speaking at DevUp Conference in St. Louis on October 13th and 14th, 2017. I’ll be giving my Intro to Hacking with the Raspberry Pi and The Power of Secrets talks.
I am currently looking for more conferences to speak at for my list of growing topics, both technical and non-technical. Click here to see my talks.
I wrote the Medium post “Life, Gender, and the Pursuit of Happiness” in September 2015 and has over 9,000 views. I also gave the talk “The Power of Secrets” in 2016 and 2017 talking about the incredibly unexpected results that happened from that post. I continue to get amazing and wonderful feedback from both. The blog post has reposted on four publications including Women 2.0. I will continue to respond to every comment and encourage those who need it. (If you haven’t left a comment or tweet, please do! I’d love to hear from you!)
Thank you to Derek Sivers for the idea of making a /now page.