Everything you’ve wanted to know about Sarah and what’s happening right now!
Quick link: sarahwithee.com/now
(This list current as of March 17, 2017.)
- Living in Kansas City, MO
- Working as a software engineer at the Stowers Institute for Medical Research
- Volunteering with Code for KC (a Code for America brigade) on KC Speed Test
- Starting work on Code Thesaurus, a way to compare languages and see similarities
- I’m singing with the Kansas City Women’s Chorus concert “We Can Do It!” on March 24th/25th.
- I’m about to publicly release a project I’ve started working on (a video podcast). Stay tuned!
- On May 7th, I’ll be reading an essay at Listen to Your Mother – Kansas City, a national show with local city performances. I’ll be with about 10 other people reading their own essays about mothers and motherhood.
- On May 19th-20th, I’ll be at Self.Conference giving my The Power of Secrets talk.
- On June 7th-9th, I’ll be at Code PaLOUsa giving my Intro to Hacking the Raspberry Pi and A Primer on Functional Programming talks.
I am currently looking for more conferences to speak at for my list of growing topics, both technical and non-technical. Click here to see my talks.
I wrote the Medium post “Life, Gender, and the Pursuit of Happiness” in September 2015 and has over 9,000 views . I continue to get amazing and wonderful feedback from it. It has been reposted on four publications including Women 2.0. I will continue to respond to every comment and encourage those who need it. (If you haven’t left a comment or tweet, please do! I’d love to hear from you!)
Thank you to Derek Sivers for the idea of making a /now page.