Everything you’ve wanted to know about Sarah and what’s happening right now!
Quick link: sarahwithee.com/now
(This list current as of October 31, 2017.)
- Living in Kansas City, MO and working as a software engineer at the Stowers Institute for Medical Research
- Working on The Rest of Us in Tech, a project to amplify the stories and voices of the underrepresented groups in tech. Currently it’s a podcast but will be expanding to other phases soon.
- Co-created the #SpeakerConfessions viral hashtag with Nate Taylor to help show that what public speakers go through to pull off what usually appears to be a clearly organized talk
- Learning Azure by creating a variety of small projects and deploying them to build up her skillset
- I’m singing with the Kansas City Women’s Chorus as an alto 2.
- Volunteering with Code for KC (a Code for America brigade) on KC Speed Test
- Starting work on Code Thesaurus, a way to compare languages and see similarities
- I am co-organizing the Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas Women in Computing conference on November 3rd and 4th. I am also giving a talk there.
- I am singing with the Kansas City Women’s Chorus in their fall concert “The Curve of Time” on November 17th and 18th.
I am currently looking for more conferences to speak at for my list of growing topics, both technical and non-technical. Click here to see my talks.
I wrote the Medium post “Life, Gender, and the Pursuit of Happiness” in September 2015 and has over 9,000 views. I also gave the talk “The Power of Secrets” in 2016 and 2017 talking about the incredibly unexpected results that happened from that post. I continue to get amazing and wonderful feedback from both. The blog post has reposted on four publications including Women 2.0. I will continue to respond to every comment and encourage those who need it. (If you haven’t left a comment or tweet, please do! I’d love to hear from you!)
Thank you to Derek Sivers for the idea of making a /now page.